You might be confused about wondering what would be the use of mini projectors with headlights and HID bulbs. Also, can you put HID bulbs in your mini projector headlights? Well, we want you to sit back and relax because in this article we are going to give answers to all your questions!
Along with other components the mini projector headlights have a bulb inside which can be replaced. You can use three types of bulbs to put inside the mini projector’s headlights. These are HID, LED, and halogen bulbs. The choice is solely yours to choose the type of bulb for your mini projector headlights.
Can You Put HID Bulbs In Your Mini Projector Headlights?
Choosing the right mini projector is not an easy task as there are several points and options to consider before putting your hands on the right one. But once you have made the decision you can proceed further.
Before putting the HID bulbs inside the mini projectors headlight you should consider the following points;
1. Size of the Headlights
Now the headlights come in all sizes and shapes before putting the HID bulbs inside it’s really important to buy the ones that are compatible with the size of your headlights.
2. Size of the HID Bulb
Just like the headlights HID bulbs are also available in different sizes so just can’t randomly buy one to put inside your mini projector’s headlight. Normally there are three sizes of HID bulbs compatible with a mini projector’s headlight. These are D1S, D2S and D4S.
3. The Beam Patterns
The question that whether one should choose a high beam bulb or a low beam bulb depends upon the number of bulbs you are using in the headlights of your mini projector.
If you want to add two bulbs then both should be of the low beam and if you are choosing a single HID bulb for your mini projectors headlight then you can select the one with a high beam. After making sure that you have addressed the above points thoroughly you can place the HID bulbs into mini projectors’ headlights.
Also, click the below articles:Best Projectors For Classroom
Best Lens Cleaners for Projectors
Best Projectors For Sports
Best Projectors For Wedding Receptions
Best Projectors For Ceiling Mounts
Best Projectors For Projection Mapping
How Do I Put HID In My Mini Projector Headlights?
Before putting HID bulb in a mini projector headlight, you should consider the fact that each mini projector headlight is designed to be used with three specific types of HID bulbs. These types are DS1, DS2, and DS4.
So, you can’t just put any bulb inside your mini projector headlight. First, you have to check which type of bulb your mini projector headlights are compatible with. Then you only have to place exactly that HID bulb type in your projector’s headlight.
Putting HID Bulb In Mini Projector Headlights
To place the HID bulbs in your mini projector headlights you have to follow the steps mentioned below;
- First, you will need to purchase an HID kit from the auto store.
- While purchasing the kit make sure the brightness of the HID bulb is not less than 8000 K and also it should not exceed 10,000 K.
- Now open the hood and remove the mini projector headlight.
- Carefully remove the cap at the back of the headlight.
- Now remove the bulb already fixed inside by moving it counterclockwise.
- Place the HID kit inside the electrical plug.
- Now with great care bring the HID bulb near the headlights housing and move it clockwise.
- Now clamp it inside the housing.
After plugging the HID ballast from the kit at the very back of the bulb place the cap on. Now assemble everything back in place your HID bulbs are ready to work.
What Is the Difference Between Halogen And HID Mini Projectors?
- The very first factor that differentiates a Halogen mini projector from HID mini projector is the light.
- In short HID bulbs gives lighter than halogen bulbs and thus you can say HID mini projectors are brighter than halogen ones.
- That’s because Halogen bulbs have a smaller filament than HID bulbs.
- Next HID bulbs are wider than Halogen bulbs and take more space inside the projector’s headlights.
- So be careful before placing them inside halogen mini projectors.
- HID bulbs can also give a glare when placed inside halogen mini projector headlights,
- HID bulbs are more expensive than halogen bulbs.
- HID bulbs last longer inside the projector’s headlights than the halogen ones.
How To Put HID Bulbs in Halogen Mini Projector Headlights?
Halogen mini projector headlights are projector headlights that use halogen bulbs to project light. Now the question is can you use an HID bulb inside a halogen mini projector instead of the halogen bulb?
Before answering this question, you should know that there are three to four types of mini projector headlights. Each of the types is designed to be used with an HID, halogen, or an LED bulb inside. However, it is possible to use an HID bulb in a halogen mini projector headlight with a few alterations.
Placing HID Bulbs in Halogen Mini Projector Headlights
Here’s how you can place an HID bulb in halogen mini projectors’ headlights.
- First, you will need to remove the lid at the back of the mini projector’s headlight.
- Next, gently remove the halogen bulb from the clamp and take it out with care.
- Then use pliers to hold the clamp and wires in place.
- Now place the HID bulb carefully and then lock it with the metal clamp of the mini projector headlight to keep the bulb in place.
- Place the mini projector headlights lid back in place and you are done.
- Follow the same steps to remove or replace the bulbs again.
You may also like the following articles:Best Projectors For Halloween Effects
Best Projectors For Cookie Decorating
Best Projectors For Camping
Best Projector For Daytime Use
Best Long Throw Projector For Distance
Best Short Throw Projector For Golf Simulator
Best 1080p Projectors Under 500 Dollars
Can an HID Bulb Melt Mini Projectors?
HID bulb is known to be using high brightness. They produce a high beam of light. Normally an HID bulb will not melt your mini projector.
But in case you are using an HID bulb with a very high beam and if you have placed it incorrectly inside the mini projectors headlight it will melt the mini projector.
Here’s What You Can Do To Avoid HID Bulbs From Melting Mini Projectors Headlights
- Stop using the cheap HID bulbs and switch to quality ones.
- Don’t use an HID bulb with a wattage of more than 50w. A wattage of 35w is the most ideal one.
- Make sure you have placed the HID kit and bulb properly inside the mini projector’s headlight.
- Avoid placing the HID bulb too close to the lens of the mini projector.
- If you have a halogen projector headlight make sure to install the HID bulb with an HID kit in the headlight.
What Do Headlights Have To Do With The Mini Projectors?
Mini projector headlights were initially designed for branded vehicles. These mini projectors’ headlights had high beam performance quality which could reflect the light at a very large distance. Moreover, the mini projector headlights are highly capable of projecting the light at a straight angle or in a linear position toward the object rather than splitting the light to the right or left side.
Are Halogen Mini Projectors The Same As HID Mini Projectors?
Both halogen mini projectors and HID mini projectors are designed differently and both have unique features and uses of their own. However, HID bulbs are more frequently used in mini projector headlights for various reasons. Whereas halogen bulbs are commonly used in reflector headlights.
Check these article also for more interesting information:Best Mini Projector For Netflix
Best Mini Projector For MacBook Air
Best Projector For Dorm Room
Best Cheap Projector For PowerPoint Presentations
Best Projector For a Bright Room
Best Projector Under $200
Best Projector Under $300
Best Projectors Under $50
What Is The Difference Between Mini Projector Headlights and Reflector Headlights?
Reflector headlights are an alternative to mini projector headlights in the market. They are also good and work the same as mini projector headlights. Based on our research we will suggest you guys go with mini projector headlights as they are brighter but less damaging to human eyes as compared to reflector headlights. However, these can be more expensive than the reflector ones but the quality is worth it.
In a Nutshell
Projector headlights were initially used with only some luxurious cars but today many people are using these headlights in their ordinary cars as well because projectors or headlights can reflect or project the light very far away as compared to a normal headlight.
These are a bit more expensive than the average headlights but are worth it. Projector headlights can use HID and halogen bulbs inside their bowls. Each of these bulbs has its pros and cons. But among these three types of bulbs normally people prefer to use HID bulbs because they are brighter than the halogen and LED ones.
Also, the plus point is that they will not get hotter and will cool off earlier than the halogen bulbs. But if you have installed them incorrectly then definitely, they will cause trouble and might melt the lens of the projectors. By following the tips and techniques mentioned above you can safely install any kind of bulb inside your mini projector’s headlight.
For more such informative blogs regarding projectors please visit us more often. Wish you a happy day!